Celebrating Bastille Day
I've been taking a little time off to dry out and pursue other subjects for the past couple of months while I've been up in Maine, but I'm now sloshing around for a couple weeks back in New Orleans.
On Saturday July 14 at 1 p.m., I'll be doing a talk and tasting at Garden District Books at 2727 Prytania St (at the corner of Washington). I'll talk about the book and rum for a mercifully short while, and then, praise be, we'll get to the tasting. I'll have some Martinique rum for ti' punch (it is Bastille Day, after all), and some of Prichard's from Tennessee. Also, Ben Gersh from Old New Orleans Rum is planning to stop by with three of their rums, including their new spicy spiced rum.
It's free, it's fun, and if I give you enough samples, I'm hoping you'll buy a slew of signed books for gifts.
And then on to Tales of the Cocktail next week. More on that soon.
Labels: events
<< Home